OUAT: Who Is Dr. Whale???
Okay…so I’ve been wondering for the longest time. Who is Dr. Whale’s Fairy Tale Land Equivalent?
What we know so far:
- Insider.com Interview: You’re also starring on Once Upon A Time — what can you tease about season 2?
David: Oh man, you don’t even know. We just finished episode 5, which is gonna knock your socks off. I’m back in a big way! You’ll learn who Dr. Whale is – I’m the only fairytale character who hasn’t been revealed yet, but I promise you, I’m not just a womanizing lech who occasionally heals people. I’m still a pussy-hound, but the magic is released so everyone is realizing who they are. We’re dealing with the magic in Stroybrooke first and the love stories will come later. But you learn what world I come from, who I am and it’s really cool. I think there was a poll of 10,000 people and six guessed who I am correctly. All is revealed in the Halloween episode.
- He’s a Doctor in StoryBrooke.
- He works with Regina (David Nolan’s coma/rescue).
- He sent Mary Margaret flowers after a one night stand.
- Attracted to Ruby. And obviously, to the ladies (see interview above).
- After the curse was broken & he regained his FT-self memories, he seemed a bit disturbed. Does his StoryBrooke persona not like his FT persona?
- Post Broken, Charming & Snow recognized everyone, except for him. When confronted about his identity, he tells Charming that “It’s his business.” and informs him that Charming is not “his prince”.
- Spoiler Photos from Vancity, for Ep. 5:
Someone has a problem with his arm.
- Archie’s Notes:
- Ep Promo Photo from ABC:
- Behind the Name. Whale, (imho) so far leads to a few possibilities: (1) Whale, pertaining to size figuratively (see interview above, “I’m back in a big way!”), (2) Whale in reference to an actual sea creature (too obvious), and (3) James Whale directed the 1931 movie, Frankenstein
- ABC is Disney-Related so I presume that the characters here will be based on films made by Disney.
- Tagline for Ep. 5: Once Upon a Tail.
- Frankenstein: Although the clues leading to this theory seem probable, I really hope he is not Dr. Frankenstein. See spoiler images above. Also, in the Halloween Episode, Daniel (the stable boy, Regina’s love) is back. Does that imply that there might be a flashback where Regina asks for Dr. Frankenstein’s help in bringing back Daniel? Disney reference: Frankenstein is related to The Sorcerer’s Apprentice.
- Peter Pan: A little disturbing, but ok. Perhaps his memories of being a boy freaked him out seeing that his life in StoryBrooke seems to be less childlike. But, since time stopped at StoryBrooke, shouldn’t he still be a boy?
- Bae: Bae was transported to a land without magic before the dark curse came over Fairy Tale Land. It is possible that he has aged but I am unsure how he might have turned up in Storybrooke. Unless Regina brought him there, to use him against Gold. Bae is also somewhat related to a magic bean — Jack & The Beanstalk? In the interview above, David Anders says that he is “back”. Why is he “back” when he didn’t exactly leave? Regarding his age, Bae is supposedly slightly older now. Question is, how much older? If he has completely aged, he is probably in his 40s. If he only partially aged, due to the curse (which stopped time), he might be the same age as Whale.
- Monstro the Whale: A little too obvious but why not? The womanizing part, I’m not sure how it relates to this. But maybe his reaction to getting his memory back explains why he’s extremely freaked out.
- Other possibilities: Captain Ahab (Moby Dick), Simba or Scar (Lion King), Lumiere (Beauty and the Beast), King Triton (Little Mermaid), Hercules.
The Dr. Frankenstein theory really seems to be the closest one based on the clues. Sadly. I really hope I’m wrong. But, his reveal happens on Spook Night. Maybe he is Frankie’s Monster. Meh. Still don’t like that theory.
19 More Days of waiting. I’m going to need an intervention. And a drink.
Have you seen the Singlebrooke promotion? LOL
Monday, October 08, 2012
ABC Television Network
PRESS RELEASE - PRESS RELEASE - ENTERTAINMENT - ONCE UPON A TIME: The Doctor
[Note: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]
REGINA BELIEVES SHE’S SEEN A GHOST FROM HER PAST IN STORYBROOKE, MARY MARGARET AND EMMA BECOME SUSPICIOUS OF A LONE SURVIVOR FROM AN OGRE MASSACRE, AND REGINA FINDS HERSELF FAILING AT LEARNING THE DARK ARTS FROM A DARK MASTER, ON ABC’S “ONCE UPON A TIME”
“The Doctor” - While Regina continues to try and stop using her magic in an attempt to win back Henry’s affections, she begins seeing what she believes is a ghost from her past; and when Mary Margaret and Emma discover a lone survivor from an ogre massacre, Emma begins to question whether or not he’s telling the truth. Meanwhile, in the fairytale land that was, Regina finds herself failing at learning the dark arts from a dark master because something from her past is preventing her from using her magic for evil, on “Once Upon a Time,” SUNDAY, OCTOBER 28 (8:00-9:00 p.m., ET) on the ABC Television Network.
“Once Upon a Time” stars Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White/Mary Margaret, Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Lana Parrilla as Evil Queen/Regina, Josh Dallas as Prince Charming/David, Emilie de Ravin as Belle, Jared S. Gilmore as Henry Mills, Meghan Ory as Red Riding Hood/Ruby, and Robert Carlyle as Rumplestiltskin/Mr. Gold.
Guest starring are Raphael Sbarge as Archie Hopper/Jiminy Cricket, David Anders as Dr. Whale, Colin O’Donoghue as Killian Jones/Hook, Sarah Bolger as Aurora, Jamie Chung as Mulan, Noah Bean as man, Sebastian Stan as Jefferson, Yurij Kis as assistant and Paula Giroday as Trish.
“The Doctor” was written by Edward Kitsis & Adam Horowitz and directed by Paul Edwards.
“Once Upon a Time” is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC’s selected HDTV format with a 5.1 channel surround sound. A TV parental guideline will be assigned closer to the airdate.
For more information on “Once Upon a Time,” visit ABC.com/Once.
7 Notes/ Hide
- diane-is-a-geek likes this
- changing-ground likes this
- changing-ground reblogged this from ramblingypsy
- proteuspsych answered: I have been wondering that, too! His FT persona seems guarded. Must be a villain in disguise? Or a not-so-evil-but-not-so-good character?
- natalieev likes this
- seremela05 likes this
- nikola-tesla-protege likes this
- jasminemae likes this
- ramblingypsy posted this